Mike Shildt is entering his second season as a member of the Cardinals Major League coaching staff and will be entering his first season as the team’s bench coach. Shildt has logged eight seasons as a manager in the Cardinals organization, the most recent at the triple-A level with the Memphis Redbirds (2015-16). He has compiled a career managerial record of 471-432 (.522) over his eight seasons, winning league championships in each of his three career playoff appearances.
- Won his first league championship at Johnson City in the Appalachian League in 2010
- Sent sixteen players from the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds to MLB during the 2015 and 2016 seasons
- Served as a coach for the Pacific Coast League All-Star team in 2016
- Career managerial record of 471-432 (.522) over his eight seasons
- Co-director of the Charlotte based non-profit organization, Baseball for Life.
Mike (Shildt) immediately made an impression for his desire to thoroughly learn the game and his ability to connect with players. These are part of the foundation of an effective manager.